I feel like it was yesterday that I was looking into what to pack for my hospital bag. All the things I would need during labor, after labor and for the baby.
Seems like five minutes ago my brother and sister-in-law FaceTime me as they were packing their bags.
Now here I am making my list again, getting ready for Peyton to come! And thought I should share with you what I’m bringing.
For Me (The Mother):
- A nice towel. Didn’t have one of these with Nathan, and the hospital did not provide a good towel for that first shower I very much needed!
- Chap stick. My lips were very dry during labor.
- Comfortable clothes. I wore my hospital gown most of the time, then I switched into a nursing tank and shorts.
- Hair clips and hair ties. Whatever works for you (Bobby pins, head band, ect.)
- Nipple cream and breast pads
- Large pads and comfortable cotton underwear. (With my first born the hospital provided these for me, but this hospital isn’t as clear with what they provide).
- A pillow if you are picky about that.
- Phone charger
- Camera and charger
- Going home outfit. I bring maternity clothes still because you want to be comfortable and I don’t lose all that pregnancy weight right away.
- Some women like to bring a boppy to nurse. I did okay with using pillows that the hospital gave me.
- Going home outfit (Onesie, beanie, mittens, socks)
- Car seat
- Phone charger
*Caleb treated his stay in the hospital like going to a hotel for a couple nights. What he would bring to the hotel is what he packed for the hospital.
Any thing I am forgetting? If there was something you loved having or wish you could have brought please share!! I have two weeks till I’m due, so I can update this list and my bag for that long! Thank you friends!